Since 1989, the Gloucester Concordes Speed Skating Club has nutured and developed many speed skaters to perform at the highest levels of world class competition through our team of world class coaches.
Our misson is to promote the development of speed skaters of all ages and abilities in a safe, fun and inclusive environment while fostering athletes to achieve their highest potential.
To promote the sport of amateur speed skating;
To foster an interest and participation in amateur speed skating at all levels;
To offer instruction, training, competitive opportunities and related recreational activities.
The Gloucester Concordes Speed Skating Club offers a wide variety of programs that will appeal to the young & old, and the novice or experienced skater. If you are new to the sport, or are seeking a challenge to improve your Personal Best time, one of the programs below is sure to meet your expectations.
Programs / Groups
The Gloucester Concordes offers five main indoor programs for different levels and age groups. The program groups are:
- Active Start (Has basic skating abilties, but is new to speed skating),
- Fundamentals (Basic speed skating skills),
- Learn to Train & Train to Train (Intermediate speed skating skills),
- Learn to Compete & Train to Compete (Advanced speed skating skills) and
- Active for Life (Adult and Masters).
- Long Track Development (Outdoor program at Brewer Park Oval, weather dependant)
These programs have been aligned with Speed Skating Canada's Long Term Participant Athlete Development(LTPAD) program